Monday, March 7, 2011

++++++











At times, I'm finding that coming back to photo means going off of instinct to allow the whole conscious/unconscious thing to happen is best- if anything, to get back into a momentum of practicing. This past weekend was marked by trying new film, returning to the waistfinder rather than the prism, and leaving the tripod at home.

Just- daunting.

But, this is a start! A new start! And I feel, if anything- good- about these. I am recognizing that I able to evaluate light and direction fairly subconsciously and now I am able to start concerning composition, and considering the task of taking photographs that others may not think of, looking for spaces, processes, concept- (concept!)

Because I certainly respond to that the most, and admire greatly those who are proficient at it.

But, in all, shooting with these three folks has been great. Really good souls. Huy and I have been working together for a while, he just bleeds process and concept and so its always just the pure joy of taking photos and completely abandoning worry about technicality. Lauren was one the first photographers whose work I immediately responded to after moving to Seattle, and that family has only grown by now but she continues to stand out and hold her own among us. And Natalie is one of those immediate friends I have to come to really appreciate, and she totally tears it up- her Hasselblad makes the most brilliant noise. I can't wait to work with her again. Or just talk about food and music. Which I am always ready to do.

Thanks, guys. It was a great start to March.

In other news, April may bring a new home (living space..) for me in Seattle, so I am really looking forward to having it mark the beginning of the sun seasons.

Takk,

-mfortune

(Mamiya Kodak Portra 400 & 800)

No comments:

Post a Comment