Monday, March 21, 2011

++++









A close friend and myself left Seattle, WA at 5:15 in the morning to drive the Oregon Coast through Astoria, Cannon Beach and the Sunset Highway. Positively...bohemian. I'm not entirely sure what to say about this trip to be honest, driving the coast and stopping in Astoria to make roadside coffee, before arriving in Gearhartt to meet a friend was without question the greatest part of the travel. But having never been to Portland, let alone Oregon, I have come back feeling- comprehensive of the Pacific Northwest after living here for nearly two decades. It was very surprising how great it felt to reach Seattle, and that is not to say I loved the trip and all of the misadventures along the way but- I have now a newly added sense of what "adventure" means. Call it a ritual.

But that also comes from the folks I travel with.

Lets just say, as I mentioned below, the looming nature of the return to Los Angeles is crafting itself a nest in my soul...it feels- absolutely necessary to happen. Retrospect on Portland without question makes this possible to realize. Before the trip I hope to have enough funds to both support my wanderings and to feel qualified to make some really great photographs...Luckily I have so many great folks to help out.

I honestly can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment